Monday, September 14, 2009

La corrida

"The Bullfight"

Yesterday my friends Ryan, Devon and I went to a bullfight. I'm glad that I went because it was very interesting but I will most likely never attend one again. I'm definitely not a fan of them. Each bullfight has three matadors each with their own three assistants and each matador faces two bulls. So every bullfight six bulls are killed. There are bullfights most weekends from April until September in lots of different cities. That's a lot of bulls. According to Ryan's host mom afterward the bulls are sold to local butcher shops and super markets and people eat them so at least they aren't killed for no reason. It was pretty sad to watch though. However, I can see why some people enjoy them if they have a different view of animals than I do. It is really exciting to watch because you never know what is going to happen. The least experienced matador that we saw was knocked down multiple times by the bull and his assistants had to intervene and distract the bull so he wouldn't get trampled. I'm not going to go into further detail here about the bullfights because it is somewhat graphic. If you are interested in learning about what exactly happens at a bullfight and seeing some pictures let me know when I get back and I can tell you all about it. Here are a few pictures for everyone!

This is me and Devon, notice the bull in the background.

3 comments:

  1. I'll pass on learning more about what exactly goes on at bullfights, thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I'd go to a bullfight now that I read this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like your bullfight pics even if i don't like killing animals for fun or food

    ReplyDelete